Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Crunch time...

Hi all...just wanted to say a quick hello....and not much else. We have final critiques on Thursday and life is pretty much constant model making and drawing from here on out till we present at 2pm that day. Then we will all dribble out of the presentations and drink ourselves to sleep. Which won't take but a sip or two at this point because sleep is not on the agenda for most people. The big game at night is guessing who the security guard will be. Technically everyone gets kicked out at midnight but depending on the security guard and the bribe (I'm not necessarily kidding, though I heard Captain Crunch sufficed for one podmate so we aren't talking rubies here) you might eek out till 1, 2, 3, even 4 am. Some of my more zealous podmates stay until the broom starts brushing their feet away from their desks. Me, I tend to hit the road by 1 am at the latest. So that I can stay till 1 am the next night. Pacing. It's all in the pacing....and right now pacing is telling me to take down my model again and get to work. Today's tasks are replacing some of the plateau I cut away last night and inserting my broom bristle (I mean Bamboo). Ah the tricks of the trade.

I'll try to post photos later. Perhaps of one of the many sleeping figures you come upon at all times of day passed out around the school. Costanza made a cubby under his desk for naps and the GSD is no different. Watch where you step.

See you all soon. B

No comments: