Sunday, July 8, 2007

Long train coming...

Ok, ok...I have been remiss in my blogging duties. But I'm here to make up for it. So let's get started, shall we?

First, what day is it? Week? Month? How long have I been here? Two years? Just three weeks you say?! Impossible. Already I am folded into the fabric of this crazy process. A few highlights from school since we spoke last...

I haven't talked too much about Eric, one of my podmates, but he is the oldest in our group....52 for those counting...and Career Discovery is his vision quest. And man is he having a good time. The whole department was invited on a tour of the Mount Auborn Cemetary in Cambridge (yes, they need Landscape Architects too) and Eric was so enamored of the sights that he looked like this....



















for the duration of the field trip. If he could fly from happiness right now I'm sure the Cambridge police would be getting calls from confused and slightly scared residents everywhere.

I should also add that he and Kenny are best buds. Eric says that Kenny reminds him of himself when he was younger. And somehow I believe it.

I don't have too much new to report on Kenton (Kenny's birth name). The librarian might still be in play but it does not stop him from trying to impress other young things in the studio with his committment and zeal. He and Eric are known to pull late nights/early mornings in the studio and should that impress the Santa Barbara blonde in the pod over, well, he's ok with that. The real drama will begin when his old girlfriend visits at the end of July. Will the dust settle on a victor for Kenny's heart? Stay tuned.

And onto the work itself. It's been very rewarding but the hours have been grueling. As most of you know I am not a morning person and well...this program is forcing it out of me come hell or high water...just so I can get everything done. Our latest project required coming up with a temporary (year long) installation at a harbor front property in Boston that for the life of me...well...here is the...




before







and my proposed after...






and the model I worked with to get there...






Again, I know it doesn't look like much...so why did it take so *&$#@! long to get it all together?! We saw the site on a Monday and had two weeks to concept and create the final product before crit this past Friday. I can only say I am humbled, happy, and glad to have made it through.

Speaking of being humbled and happy...Team Franklin visited last week which also contributed to no blogging. He has seen the pod and can attest to all of the craziness of which I write. He even met Kenny! Now you know I'm not making that guy up!

And to end on a Kenny note (because really, you need a thread in these things) my friend Curt back in NY made me extrememly happy when he told me that he had started greeting a select few with "Ca-Caw!" To all of you I say, "Ca-Caw!" And see you soon hopefully. Your podmate. B

No comments: